Nonprofits' OWN is a policy form designed exclusively for 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations. Nonprofits' OWN offers specialty General Liability, Auto Liability, Social Service Professional Liability, Improper Sexual Conduct Liability, and Directors & Officers Liability insurance forms. Nonprofits' OWN offers important enhancements to the General Liability and Auto Liability policies as well as unique event-trigger coverage on the Directors & Officers and Improper Sexual Conduct policies. Each of these items is described in more detail in this section. Please note that additional coverages are only available when purchased with a General Liability policy.
The following are automatically included with every Nonprofits' OWN policy:
- Blanket Additional Insured. Includes CG 2010 (Owners, Lessees or Contractors), CG 2011 (landlords), CG 2012 (permits), CG 2018 (mortgagee), CG 2021 (volunteers), CG 2026 (funders), CG 2034 (lessor of leased equipment) and CG2020 (charitable institutions).
- Liquor Liability, CG 0033. Some nonprofit managers have been concerned about the "host liquor" coverage available in the General Liability coverage form, so we wanted to assuage any concerns by providing Liquor Liability coverage on its own form.
- Medical Payments ($20,000 limit). An increase over the $5,000 or $10,000 limits commonly offered.
- Aggregate Limits Per Location CG 2504. We know nonprofits with multiple locations will appreciate this enhancement.
- Revised Care Custody and Control Exclusion to provide limited CCC Coverage up to $25,000. Did you know that property of others in the care, custody, and control of the insured is excluded under a general liability coverage form? Many members have expressed disbelief surrounding this issue, so we have written an endorsement to address this. It still requires the insured be liable. It is excess over any other available insurance.
- Damage to Premises Rented to You (Fire Legal) Limit of $500,000. An increase over the $50,000 commonly offered. The option to purchase limits up to $1,000,000 is available.
- Limited Coverage to Employee's or Volunteer's car if damaged by client of nonprofit. From time to time, we receive claims when a client damages an employees or volunteers personal automobile. So, we have created this endorsement to provide deductible reimbursement coverage up to $1,000.
The following are automatically included on the Nonprofits OWN policy when Owned Auto insurance is purchased:
- Symbol One Liability Coverage. This is the broadest coverage symbol available.
- Hired Auto Physical Damage. We realize some members rent vehicles, so we want to provide this valuable coverage when they request it.
- Rental Reimbursement, CA 9923, up to 30 days @ $50 a day. A valuable enhancement just in case a covered auto incurs a loss.
- Employees and Volunteers as Insured, CA 2054 and CA 9934. Knowing that our members frequently rely on volunteers and employees to use their own vehicles on agency business, this coverage is much needed.
- Drive Other Car, CA 9910, when requested.
If Nonprofits' OWN General Liability is bound, nonprofits are eligible to apply for event-trigger D&O coverage. Remember, in addition to this unique, event-trigger form, NIAC's D&O policy also offers:
- Defense outside the policy limits
- Broad coverage for employment practices
- Duty to defend
- Zero policy deductible
- Broad definition of insured
- $250,000 defense only for breach of contract and wage and hour claims
- In addition, NIAC pays for unlimited labor and employment risk management consultations for members which purchase NIAC’s D&O coverage. Call (800) 359-6422 and ask to speak to one of our Labor and Employment Risk Managers regarding a consultation
When Nonprofits' OWN General Liability is bound, the nonprofit has the option of purchasing ISC coverage. ISC is offered on an event-trigger basis. Remember that the ISC coverage form also offers:
- Limits up to $1,000,000 per occurrence and $3,000,000 aggregate available
- Up to $10,000 reimbursement of wages for an employee suspended from work with pay during an Improper Sexual Conduct investigation
- Defense of alleged perpetrator until he or she is convicted of a criminal offense involving sexual conduct
- Coverage extends to client vs. client allegations
- No deductible
- Volunteers and employees are included as insureds
- Written on NIAC-ISCET event-trigger coverage form